Recipe by michEgan
A unique blend of ingredients makes this a wonderful dessert bar.
Top Review by CarrolJ
This gets very high marks for flavor. It is a very good combination of sweet and tart. The crust has a very nice flavor of it's own. It get's only 4 stars because the recipe doesn't say which ingredients are used in the crust and I had to check off those ingredients listed later in the instructions for the cream layer and the top/lemon layer to discover which were supposed to be used in the crust. I also felt that it didn't have a good presentation for color. The yellow lemon topping seemed a little too light in color and might be improved by adding some powdered sugar lightly on the top.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup powdered milk
- 1⁄2 cup finely ground cashews
- 1⁄2 cup room temp. butter
- 1⁄4 cup white raisins, soaked in
- 1⁄4 cup sweet white wine
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (approximately 3 lemons, Strain pulp)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour,confectioners sugar, powder milk, and ground cashews, butter, mix till crumbly.
- In a lightly greased 8x8 pan FIRMLY pat in the mixture.
- Bake 8 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cream layer:.
- In food processor, blend the raisins and the white wine till it forms a paste, about 30 seconds.
- Mix, cream cheese, egg, confectioners sugar and vanilla till smooth, blend in the raisin mixture.
- Pour unto crust.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes till set.
- Lemon layer:.
- Combine the juice, sugar and eggs, blend till smooth.
- Carefully pour on top of cream mixture.
- Bake another 15 minutes or till set.
- cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.