Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A unique blend of ingredients makes this a wonderful dessert bar.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup powdered milk
- 1⁄2 cup finely ground cashews
- 1⁄2 cup room temp. butter
- 1⁄4 cup white raisins, soaked in
- 1⁄4 cup sweet white wine
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (approximately 3 lemons, Strain pulp)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- Combine flour,confectioners sugar, powder milk, and ground cashews, butter, mix till crumbly.
- In a lightly greased 8x8 pan FIRMLY pat in the mixture.
- Bake 8 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cream layer:.
- In food processor, blend the raisins and the white wine till it forms a paste, about 30 seconds.
- Mix, cream cheese, egg, confectioners sugar and vanilla till smooth, blend in the raisin mixture.
- Pour unto crust.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes till set.
- Lemon layer:.
- Combine the juice, sugar and eggs, blend till smooth.
- Carefully pour on top of cream mixture.
- Bake another 15 minutes or till set.
- cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
This gets very high marks for flavor. It is a very good combination of sweet and tart. The crust has a very nice flavor of it's own. It get's only 4 stars because the recipe doesn't say which ingredients are used in the crust and I had to check off those ingredients listed later in the instructions for the cream layer and the top/lemon layer to discover which were supposed to be used in the crust. I also felt that it didn't have a good presentation for color. The yellow lemon topping seemed a little too light in color and might be improved by adding some powdered sugar lightly on the top.
Delicious. Such an intense lemon experience the top layer is like lemon curd and the rest is devine. Well worth the effort. I substituted cornflour for flour to make it gluten free and it worked.