Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I have a highly productive kumquat tree and I am always on the lookout for new kumquat recipes.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped kumquats
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar and oil.
- Fold in dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add kumquats, nuts and pineapple.
- Pour into greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool, remove from pan.
GREAT recipe. Very easy to follow. End product is DELICIOUS! My whole family liked this one. I used 2 cups chopped kumquats and walnuts. I also frosted with cream cheese frosting with coconut sprinkled on top. As the others said, very much like carrot cake. Tasty. Thanks for sharing.
I used Splenda to cut the calories back a little, but otherwise followed the recipe. It was time consuming to chop the kumquats since they are so small to begin with, but it was worth it! This was like a tropical version of a carrot cake...moist and fabulous!
This has become one of our family favorites! I used fresh pineapple and drizzled powdered sugar mixed with fresh lemon juice on top and finally coated it with coconut.