Recipe by 3KillerBs
The smokiness of the kielbasa is the perfect complement for the creamy smoothness of sweet potatoes and the brightness of the pineapple. A definite kid-pleaser and guy-pleaser.
Top Review by Hani Selamat
I couldn't find any kielbasa, so I substituted chicken chorizo sausages, halving everything except the teriyaki marinade (I used Kikkoman) in a 3.5l slow cooker for 8 hours at low. It was quite good, but something was not quite right, though I couldn't pinpoint it. I suspect, as NC Gal found, Kikkoman teriyaki marinade is not for this recipe. I couldn't eat a lot of it, because it got a bit too much, but DH finished it all himself, within a day. I might try again with a different brand of teriyaki marinade, and different sausages. Very affordable and easy to make, for sure.
- 3 lbs kielbasa
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki marinade (I recommend Mr. Yoshida's original flavor)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into 1.5" chunks.
- Drain one can of pineapple.
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Cut the kielbasa into 2 inch pieces.
- Load into a 6qt crock pot sweet potatoes first, onions next, pineapple chunks and the juice from one can after that, then kielbasa on top.
- Pour Mr. Yoshida's evenly over the food.
- Cook for 3 hours on high and then another 3-4 hours on low.