Recipe by Shannon Cooks
Enjoy a sweet and sultry variation on the standard (yet always fantastic) white chocolate chip/macadamia nut cookie. People will go nuts for these! White chocolate chips aren’t really available here in the United Kingdom so I chopped up some good quality Cadbury’s white chocolate instead. Back at home in the States it was always so easy to find a bag of white chocolate chips in pretty much any grocery store, but not here! And if you can’t find a key lime, use a regular lime. No big deal. Enjoy!
Top Review by spreadnjoy
Wonderful!I left out the nuts and coconut, because I made the recipe for a work event and wanted to eliminate the allergens. I LOVE these cookies! They are so fresh and light! I also made a version using orange rind, 2tsp orange floavoring and dark chocolate chips. YUMM!!!!
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 14 ounces good quality white chocolate, coarsely chopped or 14 ounces a 12 oz. bag white chocolate chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 F (180C).
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugars and vanilla extract at high speed until well combined.
- Add the egg, lime juice and lime zest and beat for 1 additional minute.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the nuts, coconut and white chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes or until edges are slightly brown.