1/6 Photos of Tropical Island's Pasta With Shrimps and Coconut
A delicious pasta dish for shrimps lovers. With Garlic,coconut and Lime. Submitted for ZWT7.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g pasta (for example spaghetti)
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 3.69 ml salt
- 29.58 ml margarine or 29.58 ml vegetal oil
- 14.79 ml garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml ginger, minced
- 29.58 ml coconut flakes
- 300-500 g shrimp
- 29.58 ml cilantro, fresh chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 29.58-59.16 ml coconut milk (optional)
- 1Make the seasoning blend by combining all the spices and the salt (first 5 ingredients for the sauce) in a small bowl.
- 2Prepare the other ingredients.
- 3Bring a big pot of salted water to boil and add pasta when ready.
- 4In the meantime prepare your shrimps.
- 5Add margarine or vegetal oil to the pan (medium heat).
- 6Stir in garlic and ginger and coconut flakes.
- 7When it begins to change the color add the shrimps.
- 8Change to maximum heat.
- 9Sprinkle the entire seasoning blend over the shrimp, and give it all a good stir.
- 10Saute the shrimp for 5 to 6 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- 11Be sure to cook both sides of all the shrimp.
- 12Check the pasta and if necessary drain before the sauce is ready (adding some oil to prevent sticking).
- 13Cut the lime in half and squeeze the first half into the pan over the shrimp.
- 14Add cilantro (reserve some leaves for decoration).
- 15Add 2 tablespoon coconut milk if you prefer it wheat.
- 16Stir and serve.
- 17Squeeze the second half lime over the pasta in the plate.
- 18Decorate with coconut milk and the reserved cilantro leaves.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Island's Pasta With Shrimps and Coconut
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.2
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 94.5 mg
- Sodium 943.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 27.1 g