Recipe by awalde
A delicious pasta dish for shrimps lovers. With Garlic,coconut and Lime. Submitted for ZWT7.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Awalde all I seem to say to you is WOW. But boy does this recipe ever deserve 10 stars, wish I could give them. My dh was disappointed, he thought we were having curry...but that certainly changed after he tasted this dish. We both couldn't stop raving about how great it was. The flavor is outstanding, all the spices and herb blended beautifully together to create an unforgettable meal. I did use the coconut milk option. The only problem was that when I went looking for more, it was all gone. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will add to my Best of 2011 Cookbook. Made for ZWT7 for the Witchin Kitchen.
- 500 g pasta (for example spaghetti)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons vegetal oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 300 -500 g shrimp
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 -4 tablespoons coconut milk (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the seasoning blend by combining all the spices and the salt (first 5 ingredients for the sauce) in a small bowl.
- Prepare the other ingredients.
- Bring a big pot of salted water to boil and add pasta when ready.
- In the meantime prepare your shrimps.
- Add margarine or vegetal oil to the pan (medium heat).
- Stir in garlic and ginger and coconut flakes.
- When it begins to change the color add the shrimps.
- Change to maximum heat.
- Sprinkle the entire seasoning blend over the shrimp, and give it all a good stir.
- Saute the shrimp for 5 to 6 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Be sure to cook both sides of all the shrimp.
- Check the pasta and if necessary drain before the sauce is ready (adding some oil to prevent sticking).
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the first half into the pan over the shrimp.
- Add cilantro (reserve some leaves for decoration).
- Add 2 tablespoon coconut milk if you prefer it wheat.
- Stir and serve.
- Squeeze the second half lime over the pasta in the plate.
- Decorate with coconut milk and the reserved cilantro leaves.