A delicious pasta dish for shrimps lovers. With Garlic,coconut and Lime. Submitted for ZWT7.
Make and share this Tropical Island's Pasta With Shrimps and Coconut recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g pasta (for example spaghetti)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons vegetal oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 300 -500 g shrimp
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 -4 tablespoons coconut milk (optional)
- Make the seasoning blend by combining all the spices and the salt (first 5 ingredients for the sauce) in a small bowl.
- Prepare the other ingredients.
- Bring a big pot of salted water to boil and add pasta when ready.
- In the meantime prepare your shrimps.
- Add margarine or vegetal oil to the pan (medium heat).
- Stir in garlic and ginger and coconut flakes.
- When it begins to change the color add the shrimps.
- Change to maximum heat.
- Sprinkle the entire seasoning blend over the shrimp, and give it all a good stir.
- Saute the shrimp for 5 to 6 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Be sure to cook both sides of all the shrimp.
- Check the pasta and if necessary drain before the sauce is ready (adding some oil to prevent sticking).
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the first half into the pan over the shrimp.
- Add cilantro (reserve some leaves for decoration).
- Add 2 tablespoon coconut milk if you prefer it wheat.
- Stir and serve.
- Squeeze the second half lime over the pasta in the plate.
- Decorate with coconut milk and the reserved cilantro leaves.