Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Serve over cooked white rice for a complete meal.
- 4 lbs bone in chicken thighs or 4 lbs chicken legs
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400*. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange chicken pieces on prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together ginger, paprika, onion powder and garlic salt. Add the Worcestershire sauce and mix well. Divide this mixture and brush half over the chicken pieces. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn chicken pieces and baste with remaining half of Worcestershire sauce mixture; bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine ketchup, soy sauce, pineapple and brown sugar. Carefully spoon the pineapple mixture over baked chicken. Bake an additional 30 minutes. Serve hot.
This is simply delicious. The ginger, paprika, onion powder, garlic salt and Worchestershire made just enough paste to brush on both sides of the chicken. The pineapple mixture makes more than enough. I had about 1-2 cups leftover that I will freeze and use for a later date. The chicken stayed moist and was flavorful. (Only change was I was boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but followed all other ingredients and directions). Thanks for posting. Made for Theirs, Yours, and Mine Tag Game, fall 2009.