Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is so delicious and colorful not to mention refreshing! You need a springform pan for this cake. The prep time does not include the time to freeze overnight. Recipe is from Woman's Day.
- 2 whole graham crackers, 2 squares each
- 118.29 ml macadamia nuts
- 177.44 ml sweetened flaked coconut
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
Ice Cream Cake
- 2 (793.78 g) container pineapple-coconut ice cream (Haagen-Dazs)
- 946.38 ml mango sorbet
- 473.19 ml strawberry sorbet or 473.19 ml raspberry sorbet
- 226.79 g container frozen whipped topping
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced, garnish
- shaved fresh coconut or sweetened flaked coconut, for garnish
- Remove bottom of a 9x3-inch springform pan, line bottom with nonstick foil and attach pan sides.
- Crust: Pulse crackers and nuts in food processor until fine crumbs form (nuts will be finely chopped).
- Add coconut and butter, pulse until combined (mixture will clump when pressed together with fingers).
- Press firmly over bottom of prepared pan.
- Freeze 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a container of pineapple-coconut ice cream in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to slightly soften.
- Pack into crust in an even, smooth layer.
- Freeze 15 minutes or until firm.
- Repeat layering and freezing as above with 1 pint of the mango sorbet, the strawberry sorbet and the remaining pint of mango sorbet.
- Top with remaining pineapple-coconut ice cream.
- Cover and freeze overnight or up to 1 week.
- With a thin, sturdy knife, carefully cut around edge of ice cream; remove pan sides.
- Invert cake on a plate; remove pan bottom.
- Reinvert cake onto a serving plate.
- Spread top with whipped topping; garnish with mango and coconut, if desired.