4 hrs 30 mins
This is so delicious and colorful not to mention refreshing! You need a springform pan for this cake. The prep time does not include the time to freeze overnight. Recipe is from Woman's Day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 whole graham crackers, 2 squares each
- 118.29 ml macadamia nuts
- 177.44 ml sweetened flaked coconut
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
Ice Cream Cake
- 1Remove bottom of a 9x3-inch springform pan, line bottom with nonstick foil and attach pan sides.
- 2Crust: Pulse crackers and nuts in food processor until fine crumbs form (nuts will be finely chopped).
- 3Add coconut and butter, pulse until combined (mixture will clump when pressed together with fingers).
- 4Press firmly over bottom of prepared pan.
- 5Freeze 30 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, place a container of pineapple-coconut ice cream in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to slightly soften.
- 7Pack into crust in an even, smooth layer.
- 8Freeze 15 minutes or until firm.
- 9Repeat layering and freezing as above with 1 pint of the mango sorbet, the strawberry sorbet and the remaining pint of mango sorbet.
- 10Top with remaining pineapple-coconut ice cream.
- 11Cover and freeze overnight or up to 1 week.
- 12With a thin, sturdy knife, carefully cut around edge of ice cream; remove pan sides.
- 13Invert cake on a plate; remove pan bottom.
- 14Reinvert cake onto a serving plate.
- 15Spread top with whipped topping; garnish with mango and coconut, if desired.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Ice Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.1
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 30.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pineapple-coconut ice cream