Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
This tropical hot buttered rum sauce is FANTASTIC, if I do say so myself! So good over vanilla ice cream and caramelized sliced bananas! -Or-, drizzle over pancakes, waffles, sliced fruit, puddings, or ice cream. It's good over just about anything--YUM!! Use a good dark rum such as Myers or Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, and don't skip the fresh squeezed lime juice, which makes this sauce pop! I hope you enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum or 1⁄4 cup spiced rum
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- Melt butter over medium heat in a small saucepan.
- Add the brown sugar and stir until dissolved. Add in the cardamom, vanilla and the rum.
- Continue to cook and stir until sauce begins to thicken, about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Off the heat and stir in the fresh lime juice.
- Serve immediately over waffles, cakes, fruit, pudding, or ice cream.