Recipe by alligirl
Taken from the Harris Teeter website; posted for ZWT. "The salsa is hot with peppers and sweet with the pineapples." Simple and delicious!
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
This tuna recipe was easy to make and was refreshing on a hot day. The sweetness of the pineapple balanced the heat of the pepper. I used a serrano as I did not have a jalapeno. I served with a side of green beans. Thanks for a nice dinner. Made for ZWT 7
- 1 medium fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 29.58 ml minced fresh cilantro
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 4 (680.38 g) tuna steaks
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill pineapple slices, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Dice the pineapple; place in a bowl.
- Stir in the onion, jalapenos, cilantro and lime juice.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- Brush tuna steaks with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes.