Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Taken from the Harris Teeter website; posted for ZWT. "The salsa is hot with peppers and sweet with the pineapples." Simple and delicious!
- 1 medium fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 29.58 ml minced fresh cilantro
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 4 (680.38 g) tuna steaks
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
- Grill pineapple slices, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Dice the pineapple; place in a bowl.
- Stir in the onion, jalapenos, cilantro and lime juice.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- Brush tuna steaks with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes.
This tuna recipe was easy to make and was refreshing on a hot day. The sweetness of the pineapple balanced the heat of the pepper. I used a serrano as I did not have a jalapeno. I served with a side of green beans. Thanks for a nice dinner. Made for ZWT 7