Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I made this up the other day and my brother-in-law can't stop eating it! I think it is delicious and want to share it with others. Most of the items I purchased in bulk so it is also very economical. This recipe is not only tasty, but also high in fiber and packed with nutrition.
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups oats (thick cut)
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds or 1⁄4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup raw sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raw pumpkin seeds, shelled
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds, shelled
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed
- 1 (2 cup) bagof shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup dried papaya (slice in small chunks)
- 1⁄2 cup dried pineapple rings (slice in small chunks)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey, plus
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300.
- In a very large bowl mix together the first eight ingredients.
- In another bowl mix together coconut and chopped up papaya and chopped up pineapple.
- Combine in a sauce pan olive oil, honey, vanilla, brown sugar, and salt.
- Heat on medium heat until all are dissolved and form a"syrup".
- Pour the"syrup" from the sauce pan into the very large bowl with the eight dry ingredients.
- Stir and smash together with a large spoon.
- When all seems mixed and coated add the fruit mixture and stir some more.
- Divide mixture in half, put half into an ungreased 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Spread mixture evenly but do not pack into the pan tightly.
- If you have two 9x13 pans they will both fit in the oven at once, saving on baking time.
- Bake at 300 for 35 minutes, then turn up oven to 325 and continue to bake for another 15 minutes.
- Stir the mixture once just a little when it comes out, do not break up clumps.
- Allow to COOL COMPLETELY before removing from pan.
- Store your now cool, dry, and toasted granola in an airtight container or ziplock bags.
- Serve with milk as you would cereal or eat the clumps for snacks and stir smaller pieces into yogurt.
I love this!!!
Very nice................try this!!!