Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I used Kzmom's Granola Bars and adapted it to include all the flavors and ingredients for a tropical experience while staying healthy. Great for the lunchbox or for a snack. A special thanks to kzmom for getting me started!
- 4 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup dried papaya, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried pineapple, chopped
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed (ground)
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- Mix dry ingredients and then add wet ingredients. Be sure that you mix everything thoroughly. You can use your hands for this if you want.
- Press (firmly) into a greased jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
- Cut into pieces as soon as you take them out of the oven. A pizza cutter works well for this step.
- Cool and wrap. May be frozen. I wrap each piece in wax paper and then freeze them in a ziplock bag.
- Note: If you can't find almond flour, you can use your blender or food processor to finely grind almonds and get a similar product. All the flours are interchangeable, so use what you like or have on hand. The mixture I have here does not destroy the tropical flavors, but feel free to experiment. The flours are just a binder that add nutrients.