Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
I'm a nut for new chicken ideas and this one is good! Serve over rice mixed with some oriental vegetables and it's a great meal with just a little prep time.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into strips an inch wide)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple-orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- In a big skillet, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a baking dish. Back in the skillet, combine juice concentrate, butter, ginger and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Spoon over chicken and bake for 25 minutes basting once or twice until chicken juices run clear.
These are delicious! The butter makes a simple sauce very rich tasting. Will definitely make these again, but I think to save on dishes, I would try simmering them on top of the stove. Served with rice and green beans. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.