Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Low-Fat Tropical Fruit with Lime A toss of fruit in a lime syrup cools off a flavourful Thai meal. If mangoes are unavailable, substitute two peeled and cubed peaches or nectarines.
- In small saucepan, cook sugar with water over medium heat, stirring, until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat; stir in lime rind and juice. Let cool.
- (Syrup can be refrigerated in airtight container for up to 1 day; rewarm until fluid, then let cool to room temperature.) Peel, seed and cube cantaloupe; place in bowl.
- Cut off 2 opposite sides of mango as close to pit as possible. Cut grid pattern of 1/2-inch (1 cm) cubes in flesh of each side down to (but not through) skin; turn inside out. Cut off cubes; add to bowl.
- Cut remaining mango away from pit; cube and add to bowl.
- (Fruit can be prepared to this point, covered and refrigerated for up to 4 hours.) Peel and cut bananas into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices; add to bowl.
- Add reserved syrup, and mint (if using); toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
we had this for breakfast with some yougurt works well