Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Australian Table magazine.
- 1 papaya, firm, but ripe, unpeeled and cut into wedges
- 1 pawpaw, firm but ripe, unpeeled and cut into wedges
- 1 pineapple, unpeeled and cut into wedges
- 3 limes, halved
- 60 ml maple syrup, plus extra to serve
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 150 g sour cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- For Maple Syrup Cream, combine sour cream and 2 Tbsp maple syrup in a small bowl and set aside.
- Brush all fruit with maple syrup (NOT with the Maple Syrup Cream).
- Heat barbecue to high (or coals to very hot) and spray grill with olive oil spray. Cook all fruit on tray, turning frequently and basting with syrup, for 2 minutes, until fruit starts to turn golden. Transfer to a platter and set aside.
- To serve, place papaya, pawpaw and pineapple on a plate with limes for squeezing over. Sprinkle with basil and extra maple syrup, and accompany with Maple Syrup Cream.