Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was conceived from the "ashes of failure." I made Mark H's Coconut Pound Cake, Coconut Pound Cake, but due to my error, I absolutely stuck to the bundt pan and came out in chunks. After I tasted the cake, it was too delicious to even consider trashing, so I came up with this instead. I suppose you could use any tropical fruit, I just used what I had on hand. Amount of fruit and cake you will need will depend on your bowl. I have a very deep trifle bowl (see pic).
- 1 coconut pound cake (use Coconut Pound Cake for a great one)
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 6 bananas, sliced
- 8 kiwi fruits, sliced
- pineapple chunks (optional) or pineapple ring, drained (optional)
- Make cake according to Recipe #17617 directions.
- Combine dry pudding mix and milk, whisking until completly incorporated, about 2 minutes. Place in refrigerator until set, about 1 hour.
- Combine well-drained crushed pineapple and pudding, set aside.
- Crumble about 1/4 of cake into trifle dish or very deep bowl.
- Top with 1/3 of pudding mixture.
- Arrange sliced bananas in a layer on top of pudding.
- Place kiwis on top of bananas.
- Repeat Cake, pudding, banana, and kiwi layers two more times,with a pudding layer on top.
- Decorate the top with kiwis and pineapple chunks or rings.