1/1 Photo of Tropical Fruit Trifle
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe was conceived from the "ashes of failure." I made Mark H's Coconut Pound Cake, Coconut Pound Cake, but due to my error, I absolutely stuck to the bundt pan and came out in chunks. After I tasted the cake, it was too delicious to even consider trashing, so I came up with this instead. I suppose you could use any tropical fruit, I just used what I had on hand. Amount of fruit and cake you will need will depend on your bowl. I have a very deep trifle bowl (see pic).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make cake according to Coconut Pound Cake directions.
- 2Combine dry pudding mix and milk, whisking until completly incorporated, about 2 minutes. Place in refrigerator until set, about 1 hour.
- 3Combine well-drained crushed pineapple and pudding, set aside.
- 4Crumble about 1/4 of cake into trifle dish or very deep bowl.
- 5Top with 1/3 of pudding mixture.
- 6Arrange sliced bananas in a layer on top of pudding.
- 7Place kiwis on top of bananas.
- 8Repeat Cake, pudding, banana, and kiwi layers two more times,with a pudding layer on top.
- 9Decorate the top with kiwis and pineapple chunks or rings.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Fruit Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.1
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.3 mg
- Sodium 280.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 30.1 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coconut pound cake