Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Simple, cool, refreshing, delish. Prep time does not include freezing time.
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- Chill can of coconut milk in the fridge.
- Open can of pineapple and place two to three chunks of pineapple into each square of ice cube tray, pour remaining juice into tray over the chunks. Freeze until solid.
- Peel mango and chop into pineapple chunk sized cubes and freeze in a ziplock bag or plastic freezer container.
- Once fruits are frozen, pulse in food processor or blender until you have small, fine bits. I use six pineapple cubes and 1/4 of the mango per serving.
- Add coconut milk until desired consistency and add brown sugar.
- Leave leftover fruits in freezer for next time and leave coconut milk in a sealed jar in the fridge for future use.
- I have also added one frozen banana to the mix and/or a handful of frozen strawberries.
I liked this smoothie. The coconut milk made it very rich and creamy. I did, however, use light coconut milk instead of regular. I thought the pineapple flavor was the dominant one, and being a mango fanatic, I will probably add two mangoes next time just to boost their flavor. I also added some ice to make the drink more frosty. Thanks, ieatfoOOod! Made for PAC Spring 2008
Very nice smoothie and easy to make. I added a little orange juice along with the coconut milk. It's been so hot here and this smoothie made a cool, refreshing afternoon pick-me-up!