Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Gourmet magazine, July 2001.
- 1 cup finely diced peeled firm-ripe papaya (from 1)
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced peeled firm-ripe mango (from 1)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon minced fresh jalapeno chile, including seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients together.
Really enjoyed this GREAT SALSA! Did use the sweeter Vidalia, & also seeded the jalapeno before mincing it & using just 1/2 teaspoon of it! Still, I like to think that I got enough of the chili to know it was in there! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Made & reviewed while touring South & Central America on the Zaar World Tour 4]
Wonderful and different salsa than I'm used to! Great flavor! I used a Vidalia onion. Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
This was a great salsa, enjoyed the flavor, I did increase the number of jalapeno's, but I like my salsas spicey. I also used a red onion, as that is what I had on hand and it worked great.