Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from a recipe from the local newspaper.
For the dressing
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 orange, juice of, only
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
for the fruit
- 2 mangoes, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 papayas, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- raspberries (optional)
- In a small saucepan combine dressing ingredients (allspice - marmalade) and heat until marmalade melts. Remove from heat and pour into large serving bowl.
- Add cut up fruit to bowl, toss.
- I added a handful of raspberries and tossed again.
This recipe calls for an interesting dressing, & one that is quite tasty ~ A nice blend of flavors with the ginger & allspice! And the inclusion of the raspberries (blueberries would be a great substitute, too), gave some nice color to it all! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Newest Zaar Tag]