Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I'm always looking for alternatives to ice cream, this recipe actually takes away my cravings for it! Cooking time reflects freezing time!
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package sugar-free lemon gelatin (4 serving size)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple (own juice)
- 2 medium bananas, cut into chunks
- 12 ounces paper cups
- 12 wooden popsicle sticks
- aluminum foil
- In a 1 or 2 cup glass measure, stir together boiling water and gelatin until gelatin dissolves.
- Pour into a blender.
- Add undrained pineapple and banana.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour approx 1/3 cup of fuit mixture into each of the 12 / 3 oz paper cups.
- Cover each cup with foil.
- Using a tip of a knife, make a small hole in the foil over each cup.
- Insert a wooden stick into cup through hole.
- Freeze approx 6 hours or until firm.
- To serve, quickly dip the cups in warm water to slightly soften fruit mixture.
- Remove foil and loosen sides of pops fom cups.
- Tear off cups.