Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a local extension cookbook
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 3 cups finely-shredded cabbage
- 1 cup thinly-sliced celery
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (8 ounce) container orange flavored yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (or a mixture of both) or 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries (or a mixture of both)
- Shred cabbage using a food processor or knife and cutting board.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 T. syrup.
- Combine reserved juice with lemon juice.
- Toss banana slices with 1 T. of the juice mixture; set aside remaining juice.
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple, banana, cabbage, celery, oranges, nuts & raisins.
- Combine reserved juice mixture with orange yogurt & 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add dressing to fruit & veggie mixture;.
- toss lightly to coat.
- Cover and chill, or eat immediately.