From a local extension cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 3 cups finely-shredded cabbage
- 1 cup thinly-sliced celery
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (8 ounce) container orange flavored yogurt
- 1/4 cup raisins (or a mixture of both) or 1/4 cup dried cranberries (or a mixture of both)
- 1Shred cabbage using a food processor or knife and cutting board.
- 2Drain pineapple, reserving 2 T. syrup.
- 3Combine reserved juice with lemon juice.
- 4Toss banana slices with 1 T. of the juice mixture; set aside remaining juice.
- 5In a large bowl, combine pineapple, banana, cabbage, celery, oranges, nuts & raisins.
- 6Combine reserved juice mixture with orange yogurt & 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 7Add dressing to fruit & veggie mixture;.
- 8toss lightly to coat.
- 9Cover and chill, or eat immediately.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Fruit & Nut Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.0
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Sodium 92.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g