Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
Soft mangoes and bananas with honey ... what more could you want? Maybe nuts. Cooking is a creative sport.
Top Review by Buddy45
Was trying to find a recipe to use up a small tin of mango pulp in my cupboard -- this worked really well in this receipe. The muffins were very moist and yummy. I made the following changes to make it a bit more healthy: used lowfat margarine instead of oil; half the amount of honey; half the amount sugar; omit the salt; replace milk with same quantity of yoghurt. Yumm -- thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 3 cups flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup mango pulp (2 very ripe mangoes)
- 1 large banana (very ripe)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut and peel two very ripe (soft to the touch) mangoes and reduce to soft pulp and juice add one mashed very ripe Banana.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine oil, milk, and egg.
- Mix liquid ingredients with dry until just moist and stir in the mango and banana pulp.
- Fill greased muffin tins, or paper muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400°F for 18 minutes.
- They are done when they are brown on top and a tooth-pick inserted into the center comes out clean.