Recipe by Sharon123
A very pretty dessert that doesn't take long to make! You may substitute other fruits if you like, such as pineapple, apples, grapes, kumquats, etc. Adapted from BH&G magazine.
Top Review by BLUE ROSE
This will be a favorite of ours. I chose to make one dish for the two of us but we ended up making our own dish. it was that good. For this I chose to put the fruit, mango, kiwi, pineapple, mellon & watermellon on top of the ice cream followed by coconut then the honey. I already have the honey made up for the next time.
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 3 inches cinnamon sticks
- 1 medium banana, peeled and sliced
- lemon juice
- 1 star fruit, sliced (carambola)
- 1 large firm ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and sliced (or papaya)
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 6 wooden skewers, each about 6 inches long (or metal)
- vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄3 cup toasted flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the honey and cinnamon stick in a small saucepan over low heat. When hot (but not boiling) remove from heat and set aside.
- Peel and slice banana. Brush the slices lightly with lemon juice to stop fruit from browning.
- Add one slice each of banana, star fruit, papaya or mango, and kiwifruit to each skewer. Brush fruit on skewers with the cinnamon-honey mixture.
- To serve, spoon ice cream into serving dishes, sprinkle with toasted coconut. Top ice cream with kabobs.
- Makes 6 servings.