Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
An adaptation of the first place winner of mangos at the Moana Recipe Contest. Though called jelly by the creator, it's probably more of a jam or preserve.
- 5 cups chopped mangoes
- 1 cup chopped banana
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 2 tablespoons coconut extract
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) box pectin, like Sure-Jell
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 dash allspice
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter, if desired to prevent foaming
- Mix together all ingredients in a large saucepan. Cook on medium heat for 45 - 60 minutes, stirring often, until reaches desired consistency.
- Process canning jars according to the manufacturer's instructions and recommendations or refrigerate up to 3 weeks.