Recipe by Studentchef
Another recipe from the IGA supermarket.
Top Review by Chef Kate
I had everything on hand and couldn't resist trying this--I wasn't disappointed. I did use much less sugar--almost no white sugar and only a tablespoon of brown. The fruits were so sweet they needed no more. A very pretty presentation which I augmented with fresh mint sprigs.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pitted peeled and diced mangoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups seedless peelde diced papayas
- 2 babay bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 egg, separated
- 1⁄2 cup country style 15% cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated unsweetened coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Mix fruit and lime zest in a bowl. Divide mixture among six 125 ml (1/2 cup) ramekins and set aside.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon sugar. In a saucepan, blend butter, remaining sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in egg yolk and cream.
- Cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes, always stirring, until thick.
- Remove from heat and add in vanilla. Allow to cool and reserve.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg white in a bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add in reserved sugar, continuing to beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold egg white (incorporate gently with a spatula) into reserved cream mixture. Carefully spoon cream onto fruit and sprinkle with brown sugar and coconut.
- Cook under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden.