Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I have not made this but am submitting it for ZWT3.
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 egg, separated
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Freeze the milk in an ice tray until crystals form around edges.
- Mix the egg yolk, sugar, orange juice, orange rind and salt in a 1 quart bowl.
- Pour the milk into cold, small mixing bowl and add egg white.
- Whip with electric mixer at high speed, using cold beaters, until fluffy.
- Add the lemon juice and whip until stiff.
- Beat in the sugar mixture gradually at low speed. Pour into a 5 1/2 cup ring mold and freeze for about 3 hours or until firm. Unmold and garnish with mandarin oranges and coconut.
Rich and creamy with a light citrusy taste. Made four individual desserts. Made for ZWT3