Recipe by grandma2969
this is very refreshing during hot summer months..I sometimes use orange cake mix..Sauce can be made ahead of time ..add fruits just before serving..
- 19 1⁄4 ounces lemon cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 11 ounces mandarin orange segments, undrained
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.Grease and flour 10" bundt pan.set aside.
- FOR CAKE:.
- empty cake mix into large bowl, add water to orange juice to equal 1 /3 cups liguid.
- Add liguid, eggs, orange peel to mix.
- Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Bake and cool cake following package directions.
- Sift powdered sugar over cooled cake.
- FOR TOPPING:.
- drain mandarin oranges, reserving juice. Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Combine juices in 1 cup measure.Add water or orange juice to fruit juices to equal 1 cup.
- Pour into small saucepan.
- Combine granulated sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir into liquid.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add butter, if desired. Stir until melted.Cool.
- Stir mandarin orange, pineapple and banana into cooled sauce.
- Cut cake into 16 servings.
- Spoon sauce over each serving --
- Sprinkle with coconut, if desired.