Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
this is a summer must and it has no added sugar, yey, we can still fit into our bikinis
- 100 g dried dates or 100 g fresh dates, stoned and rougly chopped
- 1 mango, peeled stonned and chopped
- 1 small fresh pineapple, peeled and chopped
- 1 orange, juice and zest of, grated
- 5 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 6 tablespoons rolled oats
- 50 g sliced almonds
- 100 g whole wheat flour
- 400 g jello prepared sugar-free custard, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees (fan oven).
- pplace dates, mango, pineapple, orange rind and juice and vanilla in a pan.
- cook for 5 minutes until tender.
- strain the fruit, reserving the juices.
- place fruit and kiwi fruit in a large ovenproof dish.
- return the reserved juices to the pan.
- simmer for 5 minutes until reduced by half.
- pour over the fruit.
- mix oats, almonds, flour and butter.
- scatter over the fruit.
- bake for 10-15 minutes until golden.
- serve warm with custard.