Prep 4 mins
Cook 30 mins
Warm fruit crisp topped with a scoop of coconut crusted ice cream adapted from Chef Michael Smith.
For the Fruit
- 3 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 4 bananas, peeled and chunked
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
For the Crumble Topping
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- vanilla ice cream
- toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly oil an 8 by 8-inch baking pan.
- Toss the mango and banana with 1/4 cup flour, lime juice and 1/2 cup of sugar. Transfer to the baking pan.
- Whisk together the 1 cup flour, coconut, 1 cup of brown sugar and nutmeg, then, using your hands mix in the butter to craft the crumble topping. Distribute the topping evenly over the fruit mixture.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Scoop the ice cream and roll in the toasted coconut. Place on top warm crisp.