Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
Got this from the Slenda® site. Will be making it as soon as I can find dry-roasted macadamia nuts! Found them! CVS has them, and at a great price.
- 1 cup dry roasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2 medium mangoes (peeled, pitted, and finely chopped)
- 1 medium papaya (peeled, seeded, and finely chopped)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package pectin (No Sugar Added Pectin by Ball. (Low methoxyl pectin with calcium)
- 1 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated orange peel
- PREHEAT the oven to 350ºF.
- Place the nuts in a baking pan; bake, stirring once, for 8 minutes or until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- WASH jars and lids in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water.
- Fill boiling-water canner half full with water; add jars and water to cover.
- Bring water to a boil, reduce heat and simmer.
- Place lids in water to cover in a small saucepan; bring water to a simmer.
- Simmer until ready to use.
- Remove and drain jars and lids, one at a time, as needed for filling.
- COMBINE mangoes, papaya, orange juice, lemon juice, cloves, and pectin in a large saucepan; stirring until pectin dissolves. Let stand 10 minutes.
- BRING fruit mixture to a full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) over medium-high heat.
- Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; add SPLENDA(r)Granular, stirring until SPLENDA(r)Granular dissolves.
- Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- Stir in nuts and orange zest.
- PACK hot conserve immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/4-inch of tops.
- Wipe jar rims and threads.
- Cover with 2-piece lids.
- Screw bands tightly.
- Place jars on rack in canner. (Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add boiling water, if necessary.).
- Cover; bring water to gentle boil.
- PROCESS 10 minutes.
- Remove jars and place upright on towel to cool completely.
- After jars cool, check seals by pressing center of lid with finger. (If lid springs back, lid is not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.).
- Store in a cool, dark place for up to 1 year.
- Once opened, store refrigerated and use within 2 weeks.
- Nutrition Info (per serving).
- Calories 49 (54% from fat) | Protein 0.5g | Fat 3.2g (sat 0.5g) | Carbohydrate 5.6g | Fiber 0.9g | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 4mg.
A very interesting jam with the macadamia nuts. I used a large Mexican papaya and found it to be rather bland. The mangoes were green this time of year also - so green they would not ripen. To make a sharper taste distinction, I used 1 1/3 teaspoon of citric acid to add this distinction. Ended up adding 1/3 cup of clear corn syrup to balance out the orange peel and citric acid. My wife loves it.