Recipe by Jennifer Michele
Tasty change from everyday savory type meals. Add strawberries or other in season fruits for a change of pace. This recipe was originally found in 365 ways to cook chicken, but has been changed slightly to suit my families needs.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup applesauce (chunky)
- 1 (8 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks (cut in half and juice reserved)
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- hot cooked brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt 1/2 the butter over medium-high heat until hot.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder, add to pan and cook until golden and no longer pink inside.
- Remove chicken from skillet to a plate.
- In the skillet, melt remaining 2 Tbls.
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until well blended, stir and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in applesauce, pineapple chunks, pineapple juice, banana slices, grapes, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and cook for 1-2 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Serve chicken over hot cooked rice and spoon sauce over all.