Recipe by Irmgard
These yummy bars can be served with or without icing. If iced, they should be stored in the fridge but uniced, they can be stored in an airtight container.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (300 ml) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup dried mango, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 2 cups icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 13" x 9" baking pan; set aside.
- To make the base, combined the crumbs, coconut and sugar in a bowl; stir in the butter until evenly moistened.
- Press into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the centre of a 325 degree F oven until browned, 15 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack.
- In another bowl, stir together the condensed milk, rum and flour; stir in the nuts, coconut and mango.
- Spread over the base.
- Bake in the centre of a 325 degree F oven until golden and set, 35 minutes.
- Let cool.
- To make the icing, beat the butter, milk and rum together until creamy; beat in the icing sugar in two additions until fluffy.
- Spread over the filling.
- Refrigerate until firm, 1 hour.