Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 50 mins
These yummy bars can be served with or without icing. If iced, they should be stored in the fridge but uniced, they can be stored in an airtight container.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (300 ml) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup dried mango, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 2 cups icing sugar
- Grease a 13" x 9" baking pan; set aside.
- To make the base, combined the crumbs, coconut and sugar in a bowl; stir in the butter until evenly moistened.
- Press into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the centre of a 325 degree F oven until browned, 15 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack.
- In another bowl, stir together the condensed milk, rum and flour; stir in the nuts, coconut and mango.
- Spread over the base.
- Bake in the centre of a 325 degree F oven until golden and set, 35 minutes.
- Let cool.
- To make the icing, beat the butter, milk and rum together until creamy; beat in the icing sugar in two additions until fluffy.
- Spread over the filling.
- Refrigerate until firm, 1 hour.