Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Wonderful fruity cole-slaw to brighten up your summer. Great for pot-luck dinners and picnics.
Top Review by alleydrew
I truely enjoyed it without the orange yogurt. The flavors where wonderful. Tried to give some to my 5 year old and was too many flavors and textures for her! Will try again with a different yogurt. Thanks!
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 (8 ounce) carton orange flavored yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons syrup.
- Cut up pineapple; set aside.
- Combine the reserved syrup with the lemon juice.
- Toss banana slices with 1 tablespoon of the juice mixture; set aside remaining juice.
- Combine pineapple, banana, cabbage, celery, oranges, nuts and raisins in a large bowl.
- Combine the reserved juice mixture with the yogurt and salt.
- Add to cabbage mixture; toss lightly to coat.
- Cover and chill.