1/3 Photos of Tropical Fruit and Apple Cobbler-Crock Pot!
4 hrs 35 mins
Chef Jean's Note:
Ok, this isn't exactly the toss it in and forget it crock pot recipe, but it does make sure you have hot cobbler for dessert. It really isn't difficult to make, it just take a little more preparation than your average crock pot dish. I think you'll be happy with the results though. The flavor is really special. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, fresh (or very well drained canned)
- 1/3 cup coconut
- 2 cups gala apples, diced small
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2Stir together the flour, sugar and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- 3Cut in the shortening until the mixture is crumbly.
- 4Stir in the marmalade. Add the water 1 tbsp at a time. More or less water may be needed depending on the texture of the marmalade.
- 5Cover with a damp paper towel and set aside to rest while you make the filling and sauce.
- 7Make sure the cream cheese is very soft, I microwaved mine for 15 seconds.
- 8Stir all the filling ingredients together in another medium bowl.
- 10Pour the apple cider in a four cup measuring cup.
- 11Sprinkle the flour into the crackpot. Pour 1/2 cup of the cider over the flour and stir to dissolve the flour.
- 12Add the sugar to the measuring cup and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- 14Cut the dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll out to about 1/4 inch thick. Put 1/4 of the filling mixture into the center of the dough and fold over to make a half circle. Pinch the edges to seal.
- 15Place in the crock pot leaving room for the rest of the pastries.
- 16Repeat with the other 3 pieces of dough and the rest of the filling.
- 17Pour the cider/sugar mixture over the pastries.
- 18Put the lid on the crock pot and cook for 4 hours.
- 19The dough will puff up a little and break open to make it look like a cobbler.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Fruit and Apple Cobbler-Crock Pot!
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.5
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.7 mg
- Sodium 184.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 34.0 g
- Protein 5.6 g