Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
An amazingly flavorful, creamy frozen yogurt without the need of an icecream machine. This coconut banana frozen dessert is one of my best frozen creations from the kitchen! It's important to use a thick coconut yogurt, greek-style, like Liberte's thick Mediterranean coconut yogurt, and that your banana be very ripe!
- In a small pot on low heat, mix mashed banana with sugar and coconut oil and heat just until dissolved - Do not boil. Let cool down for a couple of minutes.
- Transfer sweet liquid to a food processor and blend for a few seconds. Add coconut yogurt and blend until well combined, then transfer to a large-bottomed plastic container and let chill in the freezer.
- Once the mixture starts to get hard on the edges, maybe after 30 minutes (depending on your freezer), transfer back to the food processor and blend for a few seconds, then transfer back to the container and to the freezer. Repeat this a couple more times as the mixture becomes harder and harder, about 4 times in total.
- Once you process it for the last time, transfer it to a freezer container you would like to store it in, covered, and keep frozen. Let the mixture become hard again before serving (which will be 2-3 hours after you`re started making it), but keep in mind that it`s best eaten the next day as it`s had the time to really settle. Enjoy!
- EXTRA TIPS: I use a 500g container of Liberte`s thick Mediterranean coconut yogurt, which is kind of like greek yogurt, but it`s high in fat due to the coconut. *****You can still make this without a food processor and just a spatula, but it will be a bit less creamy. Just take out the mixture as described above but, instead of using a food processor, use a spatula of some sort and beat the mixture until it`s well mixed and soft again, and continue until it`s done. *****You can get coconut oil for cheap at Asian and Indian grocery stores - Health food stores charge a lot more for theirs. *****Please keep in mind that the amount of time it takes to make this recipe depends on how cold your freezer is, how big your plastic container is that you harden your mixture in between processing, and how often you process it in your food processor. It will take at least 3 hours before it`s ready to serve and eat, but longer is better.
WOW I never expected a frozen yogurt that acually has a really amazing texture and intense flavor like this. This is a really amazing recipe - I command you to try it!