Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found in the May edition of Womens Weekly. Thought this would be a good one for the Caribbean leg of ZWT III. These are apparently suitable to freeze & the chocolate mixture can be melted in the microwave if you prefer.
- 2⁄3 cup passion fruit pulp
- 1⁄4 cup glace ginger, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup glace pineapple, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried papaya, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup corn flakes, coarsely crushed
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C (fan-forced).
- Grease & line oven trays.
- Strain the pasion fruit pulp - you'll need about 1/3 cup juice, discard seeds.
- Combine ginger, pineapple, papaya, coconut, cornflakes, nuts, milk & 2 tbsp passionfruit juice.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of mixture about 5cm apart onto oven trays and press down slightly.
- Bake for about 12 minutes. Cool on trays.
- Combine chocolate with remaining passion fuit juice in a small heatproof bowl and stir over a small saucepan of simmering water until smooth.
- Spread chocolate over flat side of each Florentine & wave the fork over the surface to make a wavy pattern.
- Set at room temperature.