Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this recipe on "Southern U.S. Cuisine"
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional) or 1 cup nuts (optional)
- Grease 9 by 13 inch baking pan.
- Dump into pan and spread evenly in this order: cherry pie filling, undrained pineapple, dry cake mix.
- Arrange pieces of butter on top.
- Pour 1/2 cup melted butter over cake mix.
- Top with 1 cup flaked coconut and 1 cup chopped pecans.
- DO NOT MIX!
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.
This was awesome and couldn't be easier to make. I made it for our Friday night Mexican Train game with four of our nieces and nephews. Between the six of us we ate almost the whole cake. I think everybody had two pieces and I didn't exactly cut them small.
Yummy and so easy! My sister had given the recipe over the phone, so I was happy to find a printable one here! I brought the cake to my club picnic and won the "Best Dish" contest! Everyone wanted the recipe, but I don't know if I want to give it up! This cake is nice to have to bring to events, you get all of the compliments with such little work to make it.
Great Cake! VERY easy to make; that's what I like best. Hubby doesn't care for Cherry Pie Filling but he ate a piece anyway. Asked that I make another one, this time perhaps using apple or (his favorite) blueberry. I will be making this again on Friday for him to bring to a work party. If anyone has tried apple or blueberry, let me know. Thanks! I read the review about the peach, and perhaps I'll try that?? Anyway, great cake and I will definitely be keeping this recipe on hand. Leftovers are on the way to my work because it's too dangerous to leave at home! I also posted a picture for you. Thanks again!