Recipe by Boyz 5
Found this recipe on "Southern U.S. Cuisine"
Top Review by hmillang
This cake was super easy and yummy! It tasted like a 'crisp' rather than a cake. My topping got a little darker than I would have liked so next time I'll probably cover it for 10 minutes or so or just add the coconut and nuts 10 minutes into the baking time. You definitely could use any kind of pie filling...I think I'll try apple next time!
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional) or 1 cup nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 9 by 13 inch baking pan.
- Dump into pan and spread evenly in this order: cherry pie filling, undrained pineapple, dry cake mix.
- Arrange pieces of butter on top.
- Pour 1/2 cup melted butter over cake mix.
- Top with 1 cup flaked coconut and 1 cup chopped pecans.
- DO NOT MIX!
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.