Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very moist, fruity cake made with yellow cake mix. I like to use cherry pie filling, pineapple chunks, coconut and walnuts; but any like substitutions could be made. The cake turns a pretty pink color due to the cherry pie filling and smells heavenly while baking. I like it best chilled and topped with homemade whipped cream.
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Pour batter into a greased 13 x 9-inch cake pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for one hour.
- Slice cake into 2-inch pieces.
- Serve warm or chilled. If desired, top with a dollop of whipped cream.