Recipe by ellie_
I thought this was a great low-fat dessert idea for a grilled seafood meal. If following the WW flex plan this is 4 points/serving - but could probably be 1 point less if using light ice cream. Recipe source: WW Sizzle It.
Top Review by LoriInIndiana
Yummy and oh so tropical....with flavors that really pop in your mouth. Made this for dessert and enjoyed it very much. I will have to remember this when I am having a theme dinner that features some tropical fish tacos or such and finish it off with this. Thanks for sharing this one with us! Made for ZWT 5 Caribbean Dessert Challenge for the Genies of Gourmet!
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 slices pineapple, peeled and cored
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 pint mango sorbet (or passion fruit sorbet)
- 1 tablespoon sweetened coconut, flaked and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine rum and cinnamon in a large zip-lock bag and add pineapple; seal and turn to coat pineapple. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile prepare grill. Spray grill rack with Pam. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Combine sugar, lime juice and cilantro in a small cup or bowl; stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove pineapple from rum mixture.
- Place pineapple slices on the grill and grill 2-5 minutes per side or until pineapple is marked.
- To serve: place a pineapple slice in each of 4 dessert dishes and drizzle with the lime/cilantro mixture. Top each serving with 1/2 cup of the sorbet and sprinkle with coconut.