Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A simple cake mix bundt cake.
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, heavy syrup
- 1 package orange cake mix or 1 package white cake mix or 1 package lemon cake mix or 1 package banana cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously grease 12-cup bundt cake pan.
- Mix coconut, nuts, and butter; sprinkle in pan.
- Drain pineapple thoroughly; reserve syrup.
- Add enough water to syrup to measure 1 1/4 cups.
- Blend cake mix (dry), eggs, pineapple liquid, and oil in large mixer bowl on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, until moistened, about 1/2 minute.
- Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl frequently, 3 minutes.
- Do Not Overbeat!
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and then spoon pineapple evenly over the batter.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; invert on wire rack.
- Remove pan; cool completely.