1/3 Photos of Tropical Delight Bar
Rich and fruity this three layer bar is sinfully good. A soft cake-like coconut cookie base topped with an apricot and pineapple layer covered with a crumbly coconut crisp topping. Even better using a yellow cake mix makes it easy. (Since the end of RSC on March 20, I have updated the directions a bit to reflect the helpful feedback provided.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dried apricot, diced
- 4 oranges, juice and zest of
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Prepare a 9 by 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- 3To prepare the middle fruit layer: Place apricots, orange juice and zest, and brown sugar into a small saucepan over low-medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the crushed pineapple and cook an additional 5 minutes until somewhat thickened. Make sure you have a small amount of liquid left as it keeps the fruit layer moist. Using an immersion blender, chopper or food processor blend into a puree. Remove from stove top and allow to cool while you prepare the base layer.
- 4To prepare the bottom layer: Pour cake mix into a large mixing bowl.
- 5Add eggs and coconut milk and mix by hand. The batter will be quite sticky.
- 6Reserve one cup of the batter for the topping and spread the rest evenly into the bottom of the baking pan.
- 7Next, spread the fruit puree (middle layer) onto the cookie base.
- 8To prepare the top layer: Take the batter reserved in making the base and combine with oatmeal, coconut, sugar, cinnamon and ginger. The mixture will resemble a sticky version of a fruit crisp topping. Using.
- 9a fork to break off bits and place crumbles on top of the fruit layer covering the entire pan.
- 10Bake bars for 30 minutes.
- 11Let cool for 30 minutes to an hour. Cut and serve.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Delight Bar
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.3
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 117.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g