Recipe by Oolala
Curry, chili powder, ginger, coconut milk and scallion make this tempting. From Mr. Food's Diabetic Dinners in a Dash. I found this in a summer edition, 2006 of Voice which is a newsletter for Diabetics. The photo looks great. This recipe says a serving is 4 shrimp but I like a larger portion!
Top Review by Boxergurl
This was pretty good. Hubby thought it was ok (he's not big on shrimp), but I think we're going to try it again with chicken. We added some sriracha, which made it spicy, and we served it over brown rice! Thanks for sharing. :)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup light coconut milk, plus
- 1 tablespoon light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails left on (about 28 shrimp)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the scallions and saute for one minute. Add the curry, ginger, chili, salt and pepper. Stir until the scallions are well coated with the seasonings.
- Add the coconut milk, lime juice, and sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the sauce reduces and thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and saute until for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until they turn pink.
- Serve immediately.