Recipe by Kristine L.
This is a lovely curry, full of meat and fruit. It is unusual but oh so yummy. It's always best eaten the next day. It comes from Indonesia, where the lady that gave me the recipe says she makes it up and then sits it on her windowsill for a day for the flavours to meld. I like to eat it straight away, but leftovers are definitely better. I hope you enjoy it :)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 banana, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 750 g steak, cubed
- 1 green apple, roughly chopped
- 1 cup pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 600 ml pineapple juice
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon fruit chutney
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large saucepan and sauté onions, apple, banana, tomatoes and curry powder for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the meat and brown well.
- Add flour and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add all the pineapple juice and the chutney, stirring well.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the pineapple pieces, coconut, sultanas and lemon juice.
- Simmer for a further 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice, Enjoy !