Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 mins
Fresh fruit makes a delicious accompaniment to grilled or broiled chicken and fish. Serve this dish hot or at room temperature.
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 small papaya, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry paste
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh coconut
- Prepare mango, papaya and red pepper, put into a bowl and set aside.
- Put raisins into a small dish, add rum, stir to moisten, set aside.
- Using a medium-size saucepan, over low heat, melt butter, add sugar, curry paste and ginger, continue to stir until sugar and paste are dissolved and mixture bubbles
- Add mango, papaya and pepper
- Add raisin rum mixture and lemon juice, stir gently, the fruit will cause the mixture to seize, once the juices are released from the fruits it will blend nicely.
- Stir carefully until the fruit is warmed and coated with the sauce.
- Pour into serving dish and sprinkle with fresh coconut.
- Serve and enjoy!
YUMMY!! I will make this again..