Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from the recipe at Maxwell's Plum, a legendary New York restaurant now no longer with us.... :(
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney (like Major Grey's)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup apple, diced and unpeeled (like Granny Smith)
- 1 cup pineapple chunk, preferably fresh
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup dates, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- Stir chicken broth and curry powder in small saucepan over medium heat until thick, about 3 minutes. Transfer to medium bowl and cool.
- Whisk mayo, chutney, and lime juice into curry paste for dressing.
- Mix chicken and all remaining ingredients in large bowl. Add 3/4 cup dressing; toss. Mix in remaining dressing by tablespoonfuls, if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed. Can be made 4 hours ahead; chill in refrigerator before serving.