Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My friend Buffy gave me this recipe. I really didn't think that it would be that great, but it really is! This salad is very light and refreshing and would be the perfect side dish to a light summer meal. I think that it would pair perfectly with grilled salmon or seared tuna. Best if made within an hour or two of serving. Does not keep well overnight.
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon sunflower oil or 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil or 1 tablespoon other neutral oil
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 medium English cucumber, 1/2 inch dice
- 1 avocado, 1/2 inch dice
- 1 mango, 1/2 inch dice
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion (optional)
- For the dressing, wisk together first eight ingredients. Add cucumber, avacado, mango, cilantro and red onion if using. Toss gently then chill.
- Serve within a few hours.
This is a stunning recipe! Every flavor melds beautifully, and is such a happy surprise in the mouth. I put bits of this into small crisp-toasted won ton cups, topped with a cold peeled boiled shrimp, garnished with a cilantro leaf, and got raves! (I like raves.) Thanks, N2S, for a delightful new idea!