An easy slow cooker recipe.
Make and share this Tropical Crock Pot Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, can use thighs, can use a combo of pieces
- 20 ounces canned pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion, white and light green parts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- salt, if needed to taste
- Place the chicken pieces on the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together all remaining ingredients.
- Evenly pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-8 hours (depending on the chicken parts used) or cook on high for 3-4 hours.
Reading the reviews, I decided to changed a couple of things. I used only 1 T Dijon mustard and added 1/2 t crushed red pepper flakes, to add a little heat. Then I browned the chicken pieces in olive oil and butter. Browning any meat makes it a little more eye pleasing. Made for ZWT 7 - Pacific Islands"
This was good but nothing outstanding. Next time I would cut the dijon in have and maybe add some red pepper. Made for ZWT7.
This came together well, but I doctored it quite a bit. I used all bone-in skinless thighs. Browned the thighs first with salt and pepper. Put the chicken in crock pot and added sauce. I used pineapple chunks instead of tidbits, left out the tarragon, paprika, and scallions. Added a tablespoon of sambal oelek (thai chile paste), 2 teaspoons of ginger paste, a couple of glugs of sesame oil, and 3-4 tablespoons of peanut butter. I cooked all that together on low for about 4 hours, then cut two yellow onions and two red bell peppers into chunks and stirred them in to cook for about an hour. It all came out pretty well. Very flavorful, but the sauce was still a little thin. I think if I do this again, I'll add more chopped peanuts at the end, because when I ran into them in the sauce, I really liked them.