This is a wonderful dessert for those watching their calories, carbs and fat grams. This is made with yogurt cheese in place of cream cheese. The prep time reflects a 24 hour period to drain the yogurt. This recipe is from Not Just Cheesecake!
- 1 (16 ounce) carton nonfat yogurt, no gelatin added
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, packed in own juice
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 medium banana, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crusts (I use Graham-Cracker Crust (Microwave).)
- The day before, place in yogurt in a strainer lined with cheesecloth or a yogurt strainer and place in the refrigerator; allowing to drain for 24 hours.
- Making sure to reserve the liquid, drain the pineapple in a stainer, pressing against sides to remove liquid.
- Soften the gelatin in 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice for 5 minutes; heat 1/2 cup of the remaining juice; add softened gelatin and stir to dissolve, cool slightly.
- Sprinkle the banana with lemon juice and toss to coat; place the coconut in a dry skillet and over medium heat toast lightly.
- Place the yogurt cheese in a medium-sized bowl, gently stir in sugar with a fork or wire whisk; gradually add the gelatin mixture and continue stirring until well blended.
- Fold in the drained pineapple, bananas and toasted coconut.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch prepared graham cracker crust, chill several hours or until set.