1/1 Photo of Tropical Cream Pie
36 hrs 30 mins
This is a wonderful dessert for those watching their calories, carbs and fat grams. This is made with yogurt cheese in place of cream cheese. The prep time reflects a 24 hour period to drain the yogurt. This recipe is from Not Just Cheesecake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) carton nonfat yogurt, no gelatin added
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, packed in own juice
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 medium banana, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crusts (I use Graham-Cracker Crust (Microwave).)
- 1The day before, place in yogurt in a strainer lined with cheesecloth or a yogurt strainer and place in the refrigerator; allowing to drain for 24 hours.
- 2Making sure to reserve the liquid, drain the pineapple in a stainer, pressing against sides to remove liquid.
- 3Soften the gelatin in 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice for 5 minutes; heat 1/2 cup of the remaining juice; add softened gelatin and stir to dissolve, cool slightly.
- 4Sprinkle the banana with lemon juice and toss to coat; place the coconut in a dry skillet and over medium heat toast lightly.
- 5Place the yogurt cheese in a medium-sized bowl, gently stir in sugar with a fork or wire whisk; gradually add the gelatin mixture and continue stirring until well blended.
- 6Fold in the drained pineapple, bananas and toasted coconut.
- 7Pour the mixture into a 9-inch prepared graham cracker crust, chill several hours or until set.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.6
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.5 mg
- Sodium 293.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 40.4 g
- Protein 7.6 g