Recipe by Glori-B
In a squeeze for a dessert that would serve about 30, I combined things at hand for this tasty treat. It didn't serve 30 by the way ... people were getting seconds before everyone was served!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this recipe as written & had A REALLY GREAT DESSERT TREAT! Moist & tasty ~ An all around delight! AND, already I'm thinking of doing this one again, but using Mandarin oranges instead of the crushed pineapple (or a combo of both)! Anyway, a definite keeper of a recipe! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 10 1⁄4 ounces Duncan Hines orange cake mix
- 3 eggs (per mix instructions)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (per mix instructions ( I prefer virgin coconut oil)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (per mix instructions)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 12 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease or spray baking pan. I used a half sheet pan, but a 13 x 9 pan will do nicely.
- Mix cake according to directions on the box.
- Pour cake mixture into pan and bake for appropriate time. (If you do use a half sheet pan, make sure you cut the time down to about 20 minutes.) Cake is done when it springs back to the touch or leaves a clean toothpick.
- While cake is baking, make topping for cake: Cream together: cream cheese, pineapple and sugar. Adjust sugar to taste. Gently fold in Cool Whip. Refrigerate topping mixture until cake is thoroughly cool.
- Ice cake with topping mixture. Enjoy!