Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 7 mins
Cook 25 mins
In a squeeze for a dessert that would serve about 30, I combined things at hand for this tasty treat. It didn't serve 30 by the way ... people were getting seconds before everyone was served!
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease or spray baking pan. I used a half sheet pan, but a 13 x 9 pan will do nicely.
- Mix cake according to directions on the box.
- Pour cake mixture into pan and bake for appropriate time. (If you do use a half sheet pan, make sure you cut the time down to about 20 minutes.) Cake is done when it springs back to the touch or leaves a clean toothpick.
- While cake is baking, make topping for cake: Cream together: cream cheese, pineapple and sugar. Adjust sugar to taste. Gently fold in Cool Whip. Refrigerate topping mixture until cake is thoroughly cool.
- Ice cake with topping mixture. Enjoy!
Made this recipe as written & had A REALLY GREAT DESSERT TREAT! Moist & tasty ~ An all around delight! AND, already I'm thinking of doing this one again, but using Mandarin oranges instead of the crushed pineapple (or a combo of both)! Anyway, a definite keeper of a recipe! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
Wonderful summery type cake. Easy to make. I had refreshments at a recent meeting and took this and it was a great hit - everyone loved it.